A lot happens in 60 seconds.
As you know by now, the Webman loves infographics. I was introduced to this concept many years ago, through the work of Edward Tufte, an original infographer. http://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/
The world of infographics has exploded as the amount of new information has exploded. Today I found a terrific infographic that defines what happens in our world today in 60 seconds. I will cite just a few of the most interesting facts for you.
Every 60 seconds this happens:
- 13,000 iPhone applications are downloaded
- 98,000 tweets are sent
- 6,600 new pictures are uploaded to Flickr
- 695,000 statuses are updated on Facebook
- 168,000,000 e-mails are sent
- 694,445 search queries happen on Google
- 600+ new videos are uploaded to You Tube
- 1,820 terabytes of data are created
- 11,000,000 conversations are happening on instant messenger
- Google makes $75,000 in revenue
- 925 iPhone 4S’s are sold
- 81 iPads are sold
- 18 Kindle Fires are sold
Here is the link to the infographic. Enjoy!
Just amazing stuff!