Given the remarkable changes in technology, why do conference calls still suck? I was on one yesterday and all the classic issues happened:
- The leader was late – so the participants were stuck listening to music – The Rolling Stones were singing Time is On My Side. I was OK with that 🙂 A benefit!
- It is very difficult to understand people who are speaking, especially if they have even the slightest accent
- Background noise is terrible
- Folks speaking when they are on mute – We cannot hear you 🙂
- Babies crying and dogs barking in the background – Ah the benefits of working from home!
- Two people speaking at once, telling the other to go first, and then both speaking at the same time again
This video has been going around but if you have not seen it, take a look. It is just awesome, accurate and laugh out loud funny!
And now for some Stones.
Someone, please innovate!
3 thoughts on “Not Another Con Call”
Completely agree with you on the Con call hiccups!!
There’s a great video on YouTube that would work perfectly with this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYu_bGbZiiQ
On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 9:03 AM, Webman’s Blog
Hey Scott. I believe that is the same video that I have embedded into the blog post. Were you unable to see that? Hope you are doing well.