Teams are constantly being built and re-built. Players come and players go. Co-workers change and just when we thought it was going really well, it starts anew. Business conditions change – the team was good when we were growing, now not so much. We have all been on good and bad teams. Bad teams suck.
What makes a business team work?
- Members talk and listen in equal measure, keeping contributions short and sweet
- Members face one another and their conversations are energetic
- Members connect with each other, not just the leader
- Members communicate outside of meetings
- Members explore outside the team an bring quality information back
Are you on a team? Does it work like this?
If so, embrace it. If not, change it.