What impact is mobile having on our behavior? What changes have happened because we have these cool, powerful smart devices with touchscreens and more information that we could ever imagine right at our fingertips? How quickly do we respond? How quickly do we search for more information? Well if you are like me, we are very quick on the trigger finger. Do you see what I did there? 🙂
A few stand out stats:
- There are currently 6 Billion mobile subscribers worldwide
- This equals 87% of the world’s population
- China and India account for 30% of this growth
- There are over 1.2 Billion people accessing the web from their mobiles
- Over 300,000 apps have been developed in the past 3 years
- Google earns 2.5 Billion in mobile ad revenue annually
These are just some of the compelling reasons why you can’t afford to ignore mobile as a platform now. Thanks to the guys at Trinity!
86%? Must be some men in that statistic. Hmm, thought we could not multi-task? Actually we can’t as we can only pay real attention to one screen at a time. 🙂
In the US 25% of internet users are mobile only. So it is the only way they access their mail, web, photos etc. As most of us are still using both the PC and our mobile devices, this is an amazing statistic.
There are significant cross-cultural differences in how we use our mobile devices. Check it out.
Capturing our attention these days is also quite difficult. However when you do, stuff happens:
Amazing statistics for an amazing, transforming technology. Check out the full infographic at:
Enjoy the day.
One thought on “Mobile – Changing the World”
Reblogged this on projectappstore and commented:
Good article 😀