I have three daughters and to say that their phones are important to them would be an understatement. The days of talking on the phone are over for their generation. Really no need to have a voice plan for the children and they do not ever use it. Text on the other hand, downloading content, uploading pictures to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and the like, now we are talking. I just received a text message from Verizon saying that one of my daughters had already used half of her monthly data plan and we are only a few days into the billing cycle. Geez!
As a parent it is always amazing to me how much time my children spend on their phones. I am sure many of you are wondering as well.
Just came across some updated information on teen phone usage – Parents, you are not alone 🙂
- 75% of teens between 12-17 have phones
- Teens send and receive an average of 2,108 texts per month
- That’s 556,512 words per teen per year, equal to War & Peace
- They also download on average 11 applications per month
- 65% of teens sent a text in the middle of the night
- 70% received a text from someone NOT in their contact list
- Parents are checking in on their teens with them locking phones during school, at night and instantly at times
Watch those kids!